Meet and Greet/Sign In
About Amnesty International
- History and significance of organization
- Our group new format for meetings (formal/informal meetings on alternating Sundays)
- providing opportunities for education and discussion to encourage awareness of human rights violations committed both internationally and domestically.
- meeting regularly to write letters and organize actions on behalf of victims of human rights violations.
- supporting organizations that improve the quality of life in our community.
Working in the OU, Norman, and Oklahoma communities
- Oklahoma Sustainability Conference: March 28-29
- Next week’s “Focus the Nation” on Global Warming
Danny Terlip, president of Our Earth (OU’s Environmental Student Organization) will be talking about “Focus the Nation,” an effort to focus people's attention on global warming solutions through their own disciplines. Next week’s nationwide teach-in will include brown bag lunches as well as a round table discussion and webcast.
- Last semester – Groovefest, John Perkins, Maze of Injustice
- Statewide Conference – February 16th from 10am-4pm in Willard Hall at OSU - Registration, Transportation
- The Vagina Monologues – Performance February 11 and 12
Dress Rehearsal with talk back about the performance February 10th at 2pm at the Unitarian Church (1301 W. Boyd, just west of Berry), free to the public
Sign-up sheet for selling tickets (two free tickets if you volunteer!)
- Groovefest - Spring edition
- Big Event – Saturday, April 5, 2008 – volunteer applications due Friday, February 29th
Urgent Action Network
- Presentation of latest UA
- Letter writing Sunday, February 3rd at 7:30pm at Traditions East
next general meeting Sunday, Feburary 10th at 6pm in the Frontier room of the Union